Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced today that it will launch the NEXIEZ-GPX, a new line of NEXIEZ-series elevator for Central and South America on November 1. The new line features load capacities of 450 – 700 kilograms and speeds of 1.0 – 1.75 meters per second. It is specially designed for low- to midrise residences and offices in Latin America, where the company hopes to expand its business and sell 800 units in 2013.
The NEXIEZ-GPX line features new designs matched to carefully researched preferences and requirements in Latin America. Local manufacturing will help to ensure competitiveness in terms of both cost and delivery.
The demand for elevators is rising worldwide in line with increasing construction, particularly in emerging markets, and diversifying to reflect regional needs. Demand in Latin America emphasizes safe and competitively priced elevators for low- to midrise buildings.
- Customized specifications and functions for low- and midrise buildings
- Four types of ceiling designs to match regionally popular building designs and colors
- Stylishly designed ceilings to create depth and LED down lighting for enhanced ambience
Reduced cost and delivery
- Local production and engineering, and improved logistics, help to reduce costs and delivery times
- LED down light reduces power consumption by 88% compared to conventional incandescent lighting
- Permanent magnetic gearless traction machine reduces power consumption by 20% compared to worm-geared traction machine with inverter control
Source: Mitsubishi Electric